Dyersville D and D
Human Paladin LVL 7, Badass
STR 18 +4
DEX 12 +1
CON 12 +1
INT 12 +1
WIS 10 +0
CON 18 +3
Owner of the Fist of Fury and The Fist of Fate
Fist of Fury- sealed Holy Avenger, currently enchanted for +1 damage
Fist of Fate- a cursed blade. The barbs on the back give it a natural +1 to attack bonuses. The more levels the sword gains, the more it splinters, the more powerful it becomes. At Character Level 8 it becomes a +2, 14 becomes a +3; enchanting itself at those key levels (as a Black Guard weapon, it thirsts for blood). Though the curse on the Fist of Fate was nullified mostly, if rolled a 1, it might still try to deal damage to the wielder. A successful full cleansing could remove the back lash damage. Curse is rare, so it would be expensive to lift.
Lay on Hands
Two handed fighting style
Feat-Great weapon Master
Persuade (+2 to Char)
Character Background Worksheet- Paul Z
The Ten-Minute Background
1) Was a simple swordsmith living in a small town. Sam always tried to live his life as best as possible, worshiping the might god Thor.
2) Sam is very physically strong, able to wear heavy armor and use two handed weapons with ease. He also is a strong talker, able to win people over easily. While tatically smart, he on occasion devolves into silliness.
3) One day a mage came to town with a cursed book called the Necronomicon. Being prideful, the wizard accessed the power of the book, and was overcome. He became corrupted by the power and summoned the Deadites, evil demon spirits that attacked the town. Almost everyone was killed.
4) Sam survived the attack by the grace of Thor, who granted him with the quest of finding the evil book and destroying it to save the world from destruction. As such, Thor made Sam a paladin, teaching him the ways of smiting his foes. One tool was the weapon “The Fist of Fury”, which its full potential is unknown…..
5) Sam joined the Party as a means of finding the book, while aiming to help as mean people as possible.
Step 2: List two goals for the character that you, as a player, think would be cool to see accomplished in-game. You may gain some reward for actively trying to accomplish your goals.
1) Find the Necronomicon and destroy it.
2) Unlock the true power of the Fist of Fury.
Step 3: List two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet. This will help me in creating plots that center on your character. I will also be creating a third secret which you as a player will not be aware of, so expect some surprises!
(That I know) The book is an evil cursed tool that seeks to find powerful users and manipulate them into unleashing its full power, which would mean the end of the world.
(That I don’t know) The book is a cosmic tool meant to balance the karmic scales. Destroying it could have unforeseen consequences.
Step 4: Describe three people that are tied to the character though blood, romance or honor. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile. All can do something useful for you, if you can get the situations to line up. If you like, you can include an enemy of yours here as well, so I have an instant NPC nemesis to throw at you.
1. Tim-the corrupted mage. Killed everyone that Sam knows. One of the targets of Sam’s revenge. Controls the Deadites.
2. Anna- Another human Paladin of Thor (about the same age), ally. Helped train Sam in how to control his powers.
3. Fredrick- Elven Mage who also follows Thor (is older). Is helping with the search for the book.
Step 5: Describe three memories that your character has. They don’t have to be elaborate, but they should provide some context and flavor.
The blood of the village and it burning down to the ground.
Being saved by Thor, because Sam has “a touch of destiny” to him
Being train by Patricia